Jessica H. Maurer is the Education Manager for Lebert Fitness.
1. Learn From the Best: Fitness companies spend months creating and preparing the workshop information, movement, and layout. They are presenting you with information to ensure you can walk out of the room and immediately implement the knowledge that they have shared in an effective manner. Typically, fitness events are taught by Master Trainers, who were chosen by the company because they hold the most knowledge about the piece of equipment or format they are teaching. Not only are you receiving information directly from the equipment or format educational team, but you are also being taught by someone who the company specifically selected.
2. Knowledge Retention: Most people learn by seeing, hearing AND doing. Get hands-on experience by attending a live workshop or practicing the online workshop with the equipment required. Don’t sit in the back of the room or just watch the online video; be active in your participation to ensure you retain the most information possible after the learning event. By actually participating, you are more likely to remember the information, exercise, or cue than simply watching a video on Instagram.
3. Get Answers: Taking live or online workshops with company educators allows you the time to ask questions, no matter how silly you think they may be. Ask how to execute a drill correctly with regressions and progressions; ask how to market this new class to your target market. Share your problems to find out how you surpass those hurdles.
4. Grow & Evolve: The fitness industry is constantly discovering new scientific information, releasing new equipment, and learning new ways to connect with our audience. If you remain stagnant, the industry will leave you behind. The only way to stay relevant is to grow and evolve as the industry changes. Attend continuing educational events to ensure that you are using the most up-to-date information to train yourself and your clients.
5. Fun: Fitness trainings are fun! Learning new drills and coaching skills is a great way to spend your time. Plus, there will be opportunities to meet and work with like-minded people.
So are you ready to take a Lebert Fitness Education workshop? We offer multiple 4- and 2-hour courses that utilize our EQualizer and Buddy System alone as well as together in one program. See what upcoming courses we offer or choose to take our online EQualizer training here.